Pages

Monday, 5 November 2012

Walking into the unknown

Hi Everyone, when I look at this picture, it gives me hope in that we never know what is round the corner, the place we can not see until we get there. Some people would say if you don't know what is there, don't go, play safe stay with what you know and that makes a lot of sense, but is it really exciting, some risks pay off others do not, but you never know unless you try. 

As children we run, jump, try new things, everything is waiting to be explored, but as we grow up and survive all ups and downs life throws at us, we become cautious, we stop looking, getting carried away with just coping with everyday life, not even seeing what is on our doorstep.  I discovered that last week, when I discovered a large local woodland park/walkway just at the bottom of my road I have lived here for over 12yrs and only just discovered this wonderful place, a 5min walk from my front door. It made me stop and think, how could I not have known about this peaceful place, right in the middle of a busy town area. Since I have discovered my peaceful haven, I have been to walk there every day, It is my 30mins of peace, to escape the busy, stress of the day, then I come come home, have a cup of tea and start again tackling the problems of the rest of the day, but looking forward to my next 30mins of time out on my walk tomorrow.
So just start by taking a couple of steps to somewhere you have not been before or doing something new. it may lead to you discovering something wonderful. verity

No comments: